This mission statement was adopted when the school was established in 1999. It remains the guiding focus for school planning and programs.
Sekolah Nusa Alam aims to:
- provide quality education to the children of Indonesian and expatriate families in Lombok;
- facilitate the development of education in Indonesia, especially in Lombok.
To achieve this mission, the school:
- adopts quality methods, international standards, and a combined national-international system;
- employs curriculum & teaching methodology based on ‘world best practice’ integrated with Indonesian cultures and values;
- prepares children to enter the new era and meet its challenges through a balanced curriculum which includes: focus on literacy and numeracy; technology education; language education (particularly English and Indonesian); development of independence, creativity and thinking skills; development of personal and social skills, and development of balanced values of life
- Carries out other supportive educational activities to improve the quality of Indonesian schools in general and schools in the surrounding area in particular.